Giphy is a dynamic online platform that offers an extensive library of GIFs, enabling users to discover and share animated images for a variety of purposes. By incorporating the "Get GIF" integration in Glide, you can effortlessly search for and add GIFs to your app, enhancing user experience and promoting engaging visual content.
Don't see the Giphy integration?
Adding and Configuring the Integration
To start using the Giphy integration, you first need to add it to your project.
- In Glide, click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner.
- Navigate to the Integrations tab and then select Giphy.
- Click the Add to app button.
- Next, log into the Giphy Developer Dashboard.
- Select Create an App, select API, and complete the creation of your API key.
- Back in Glide, enter this API Key in your Giphy Integration settings.
The Giphy integration in Glide has only one feature — Get GIF. This can be added inside a component that supports actions or added to an action sequence in the Action Editor.
The table below describes each of the fields.
|Search input||Text for the search||✅|
|GIF URL||Where to store the GIF URL||✅|
To learn more generally about Integrations in Glide, including how they affect your app’s usage, check out our Introduction to Integrations.