Discord is an instant messaging and voice call platform similar to Slack or Microsoft Teams. With the Discord integration, you can send messages to channels in your Discord server from a Glide app.
Adding and Configuring the Integration
To start using the Discord integration, you first need to add it to your project.
- In Glide, click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner.
- Click the Integrations tab and then select Discord.
- Click the Add to app button.
- Sign into your Discord account.
- Once you are signed in, select which Discord server you would like to connect to.
- Confirm which permissions you will give Glide. Select Authorize.
- Finally, give your Discord bot a name and choose an image for it. We recommend using a publically accessible image that is hosted online.
- You’re ready to send messages from your Glide app to Discord!
|Integration setting||Description||Required field?||Example||Notes|
|Bot name||The display name of your Discord bot||✅||Community app||If not set, the Discord bot’s name will default to Glide|
|Bot avatar||You can use a URL of a publicly accessible image||❌||If not set, the Slack bot’s avatar will default to the Glide logo|
Send Discord Message
The Send Discord Message action can send a message to your Discord server.
|Bot name||The channel ID where the message should be sent||✅||19-character string of numbers||Your channel ID can be found by clicking Copy Link after right-clicking the channel. It is the 19-character string of numbers at the end of the link|
|Bot photo||The message that will be sent to the channel||✅||You can create a dynamic message by first creating a Template column in the Data Editor and then setting that column as your Message.|
The action can be added to a component that supports actions (e.g., a button), added to an action sequence in the Action Editor, or after a form is submitted.
Introduction to Integrations
To learn more about Integrations, check out our Introduction to Integrations article.
Updated 3 days ago