Enhancements to Preview As
The Preview As experience has been updated to include a searchable list of Users. If your app uses User Profiles, then you will be able to search for a user’s name, email or role and preview the app as them.
Apps on our paid plans can now use Protected Columns. Protected columns allow you to add an extra layer of security to your data. Mark a column as protected and Glide will hide it, making it impossible to be loaded inside your app or the Data Editor.
Glide can now generate virtual email addresses for users of your app—users sign in normally, and developers never see their real email. This protects user privacy and minimizes the sharing of personal info. Learn more.
All New Data Editor
We rebuilt the Data Editor from scratch and it’s now 5x faster when it comes to scrolling & interacting. You can now add new rows, Ctrl/Cmd F to search and resize columns.
- You can now perform date & time math with the Math Column. We also added a bunch of new math functions you can use.
- We added a new Image Generation Column which you can use to generate beautiful, abstract images for your items.
- Select tabs in Select Mode makes it easier and quicker to access a specific tab's settings.
- You can now upload files up to 1GB in size in Pro apps (with 10GB storage in total).
- Pro apps can now customize the label for the "About" section inside the fly-out menu.
- If your app is Pro, you can now enable opening of Tablet/Desktop mode by default.
- You can now provide Glide Support with a special code to help you with your app safely and securely.
- We started a new collection of templates designed specifically for businesses using Glide at work. Stay tuned for many more templates in future.
- You can now let users of your app set other user's roles.
- We released a new tutorial on using Glide with TillerMoney