Google Sheets is a cloud-based spreadsheet program very similar to Excel. You can choose a spreadsheet from your Google account to serve as the data source for your Glide project.
If you created your Glide account using your work email, you must create an associated Google account to integrate Google Sheets with Glide. To learn how to create a Google account using an email type that isn’t Gmail, see Create a Google Account.
How to use Google Sheets with Glide
- In the Layout Editor, select New project.
- Name your project, select App or Page, then Continue.
- Select Google Sheets as the data source, then Continue.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- When prompted, select the file from Google Drive to use as your project’s data source, then Select.
If cookies are enabled in your browser, Google sign-in is only necessary the first time you use your Google account to create a Glide project.
Glide creates a starter project using your Google spreadsheet as the data source.
More about Google Sheets
We’ve gathered some resources to help you understand Google Sheets better.
- Start with the Google Sheets Help Center for a full list of topics.
- For questions or troubleshooting when using Google Sheets with Glide, see Sheets FAQ.
- View the Google Sheets function list for a variety of formulas you can apply within your spreadsheet.
- If you're interested in learning more about the power of Google Sheets, we highly recommend checking out Ben Collins, a Google Developer Expert and Data Analytics Instructor.