Meet the new Glide Apps
Glide Pages are now Glide Apps. Please refer to this article for up-to-date information, as some of this documentation is outdated.
Build dynamic, reusable collections of data with Custom Collections.
Setting up Custom Collections
To set up a Custom Collection:
- In your Glide project, hit the "+" symbol to add a new component.
- Find Collections in the menu and select Custom.
- Give your collection component a name.
- Choose what data source it should use.
- Add a title to your collection. This will appear for users in your app, at the top of your component.
Configuring Custom Collections
Custom Collections offer many options to make your data look and function the way you want. You can:
- Change the layout and design of your collection.
- Sort and filter your collection data using the filter feature to display only what's relevant to your users.
- Limit the number of items that appear, as well as how many pages to show per page.
- Set visibility conditions for your data.
To change your Custom Collection, go to the Components section, click on your collection, and make your desired changes. You can preview each change live as you make adjustments.
Adding an Action to your Collection
Add actions to your Custom Collection to allow users to interact with your data. For example, you can add a button that takes users to a detailed view of a record or opens a form to submit information to you.
To add an action to your Custom Collection:
- Select your Custom Collection, then go to the Actions menu on the right side.
- Click "Add Primary Action"
- Choose from our menu of actions, or create your own custom action.
- If you'd like to add a second button to do a different action, select "add secondary action."
- If you'd like to add a third, dropdown action, select "add dropdown action."
Need to review how to add and customize Actions?
Check out our complete documentation on every action here.
Can I duplicate a custom collection?
Yes, you can duplicate a custom collection by clicking the Duplicate Collection button in the Collections section of the Glide builder. This creates a copy of the collection with all its data and settings, which you can then modify as needed.
Can I update my collection data from a Google Sheet?
Yes, you can connect your collection to a Google Sheet and update the data automatically. Check out this guide for more information.
Can I limit the number of items displayed in my collection?
Yes, you can set the number of items displayed in your collection by using the Limit setting in the Collection component.
Start building dynamic, reusable collections of data with Custom Collections in Glide. Try it now.