Meet the new Glide Apps
Glide Pages are now Glide Apps. Please refer to this article for up-to-date information, as some of this documentation is outdated.
Big Query is Google Cloud's data warehouse tool that allows businesses to run analytics across a tremendous amount of data using SQL (Structured Query Language).
BigQuery integration is only available on Business and Enterprise plans. Need to upgrade? Read more about our plans and pricing here.
Getting Set up with BigQuery
- Before using BigQuery with Glide, you'll need to set up a BigQuery account.
- Make sure your first column in your data set is a unique string or number column named “id” so Glide can identify the rows.
- New to SQL queries? Check out Google's documentation to get started.
- Make sure cookies are left on in your personal Glide settings.
Syncing Data from BigQuery
- From the Data Editor, navigate to the Tables menu and select plus to add a new data source.
- Select BigQuery and sign in to the relevant Google account.
- Search or browse your datasets and select which one you want to sync with Glide.
- In the query screen, run whatever queries you like to create the dataset you want to pull into Glide.
- When you're ready, you can name the query and save it as a table.
You can now work with this data for your Glide project.
Editing Your Synced Table
Unlike our other data integrations, changes you make to BigQuery data in Glide do not write back to your BigQuery data warehouse. Glide uses BigQuery as a read-only data source.
- To change your table, select “edit query” in the upper right corner.
- Make any changes to the query you'd like.
- Preview your data, then save it to update your table.
Limitations of BigQuery
There are some features in Glide that aren't compatible with a table generated from BigQuery. Those features are:
- Row owners
- Protected columns
- Rollups and lookups into relations
In computed columns, filtering, sorted, and search is not supported.
The following components will load at most 5000 rows:
- Radial Chart
- I don't see the option to add BigQuery in tables. You might need a business plan! You can read more about our plans and pricing here.
- I don't see BigQuery on the “select a source” page for my new project. To sync your BigQuery data for a project, first create an empty project with Glide tables. Then, you can sync the data source using the steps above.
- My sign in screen for BigQuery won't load. Please make sure you have cookies turned on in your Glide settings, and that you aren't using a web browser or tool that blocks third party cookies.
- I'm getting a “There was an issue running your query” error. Your table will need to have a first column with a unique stream or column number labeled “id.”
- I need help learning BigQuery. BigQuery has an extensive documentation library that can help.