Meet the new Glide Apps
Glide Pages are now Glide Apps. Please refer to this article for up-to-date information, as some of this documentation is outdated.
We want Glide apps to be as safe & secure as possible. To achieve this, we automatically secure many aspects of your app, but you as the app creator will always make the most important decisions about the security of your apps.
We've created these security guides to help you make the best possible security decisions when building your apps and organizing your data. If your app contains private information, we suggest reading all of these guides.
- Choose a secure sign-in method
- Use Row-Owners to protect private data
- Enable roles to create access groups
- Protect unused columns in your data source
- Anonymize emails in public apps
- Understand visibility conditions and how they are not a security feature
- Learn how to delete user data
Please check back to this area of our docs for updates when revisiting your projects.
When in doubt, leave it out
If you have private data in your sheet and you're not sure how to protect it, play it safe, and leave the sheet out when building your app:
- Do not display any data from the sheet
- Do not create computed columns or components that refer to any data in the sheet You can ask for our help on our Community Forum, where many friendly Gliders can give you suggestions for protecting your data if you're unsure.
If you have urgent security questions that are not answered here, please create a new support ticket.
To learn more about Glide's approach to Security and Compliance, you can read more in our Security Center.