The Map component in Glide Pages displays address data as an interactive map on your page.
How to add a Map component
- In the Layout Editor, select the page from the Pages panel you want to include a map on.
- Click on the plus symbol in the Screen panel.
- In the Insert Component panel, select the Map option from the Content section.
You can customize your map using the settings available in the General, Options, and Actions tabs that appear when you select the map from the Screens panel in the Layout Editor.
- In the General tab, locate the Items Data section.
- Use the menu in the Title, Description, Address, and Image fields to select the value from your data to display.
A pin is placed on the map at the address specified. The Title, Description, Image, and Address fields all appear in the tooltip that displays when you click on a pin.
- In the General tab, locate Design.
- Choose the Aspect Ratio - Square, 4:3, or 16:9 - to resize the map on the page.
- Choose the Style - Minimal, Standard, or Satellite - to change the appearance of the map.
- Choose the Tooltip - Bottom or Floating - to show the details of each location when a pin is clicked.
- Select Show Navigation Controls to display buttons that allow users to change the zoom level of the map.
- Select Allow zoom with scroll-wheel to give desktop users the ability to change the zoom level with their mouse.
Limiting the number of pins on a map
If you only want to show a certain number of pins on your map, you can select the option to limit the number of items. Once this is set, the map will only display the number of pins you enter here, starting at the first available row in your data source.
You can customize the data displayed on your map by using Conditions. You can also provide users with a search bar to locate specific pins on the map.
- In the Options tab, locate the Visibility section.
- Click the Add Condition button to create your conditions.
- In the Options tab, locate the Filter Data section.
- Click the Add Filter button to create your filters.
For more information, please see Conditions, Filtering, and Visibility.
- Select Show Search bar to allow users to filter the pins on the map using search terms.
- Choose a filter in the Show filter field to let users filter the pins on the map based on a specific column value.
You can trigger actions in two areas of the map component - the Title Bar action and the Item Click action.
Title Bar Action
- In the Actions tab, locate the Title Bar Action section.
- Click the Add primary action button.
- Use the menu in the Title field to select the value from your data to display. You can also type directly into this field to enter a custom value.
- Select and configure the desired action.
You can add as many actions as you’d like. Additional actions will be displayed as a secondary button or in the dropdown section of the title bar.
Item Click Action
- In the Actions tab, locate the Item Click Action section.
- The Show Detail Screen action is added by default, but you can change this to any other action you choose.
The Item Click Action is triggered when a tooltip is clicked.