Buttons can be configured to trigger different actions when your users tap them. You can make a button perform almost any Simple Action like Send a Text, Send Email or Open a Link or create your own, multi-step Custom Actions.
The Button has a Title, Icon, and Mood. Mood has three options that we can select:
It also has various styles that you can choose from - including a Floating Button which will float at the bottom right of your app.
The color of the button is defined by your theme’s accent color and can’t at the moment be configured individually. However, we can apply Moods to each button, unless we choose Floating Button.
Use the General tab of the button component to choose an action for your button. Each action will require a different type of data from your spreadsheet.
Most actions such as Open link, Send email, Copy to clipboard, or Dial phone number will require you to choose a corresponding target column in your spreadsheet. Content for those columns should match the desired action.
- Send email will require an email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dial phone number** and Send text message will require a phone number, ideally formatted with the country’s code +14153407257
- Open map for address will require an address, e.g 55 Music Concourse Dr, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
- Show New Screen will require you to link a different tab in your spreadsheet.
- Trigger a Zap will trigger the Zapier functionality.
- Show Form Screen is another way of triggering the Form button functionality.