Glide’s Action Text component triggers a specific action when users tap it. An Action Text component uses the data from your app’s table and is highly customizable.
How to add an Action Text component
- Make sure you are on a Details screen.
- Select the plus symbol in the Screen panel on the left side of the Layout Editor.
- Under Insert Component, select Action Text.
Configure an Action Text component
There are several aspects to an Action Text component that you can configure and customize. Glide lets you preview the configuration as you make selections.
On the right side of the Layout Editor in General > Data > Text, use the menu to select the value that will be displayed for the user. This can be custom text or the data from a selected column.
Glide uses the column title from the data you select for the Action Text component. You can change the displayed title for the component in the Title property, located on the right side of the Layout Editor.
You can select another title from the menu, enter a custom title in the field, or choose to leave the title empty.
You can display an icon with your Action Text component. The default setting for an icon is None.
In General > Design > Icon, select None to view the icon menu. Select an icon, and Glide will add it to the design of your Action Text component.
You can limit the amount of text that is displayed for your Action Text component by selecting this option in General > Options.
Users can tap more to view the full content.
This is the behavior that will be triggered when users tap on the text. You can choose from any of the actions available in Glide, or you can create a new action.
- In General > Action, select the menu arrows.
- In Configure Action, select the dropdown menu to view action options.
- Select the action to be triggered when users tap your Action Text component.
- If prompted, apply any additional settings in Configure Action.