Glide is looking for a Tech Lead Manager to lead our Platform engineering team. We are growing fast and need to evolve our data sources strategy, become more efficient with our infrastructure utilization as we scale, and achieve a high level of operational excellence for availability, security, and performance.
The ideal candidate has experience establishing services and architectural patterns that scale predictably, evolving legacy services already in production, and building data and infrastructure teams.
We’re building a simpler, faster way for anyone to build custom software for their business, without any technical or design skills. Tens of thousands of non-technical people use Glide to build apps to power their businesses, organizations, personal projects, and more. As customers create apps to visualize, interact with, take action on, and analyze their growing data sets, we must keep this big picture in mind as we improve various levels of our engineering stack.
As an engineering manager leading a deeply technical area, we don’t expect you to write code, but you should be able to engage in conversations around code, infrastructure, and architectural designs.
- Facilitate the standardization of Glide’s data sync and persistence infrastructure
- Drive integrations with data source platforms to be able to provide customers with new data sources at an accelerated pace
- Design, develop, and maintain a REST API into Glide’s data and core services
- Provide build, test, and runtime infrastructure to service teams
- Ensure patterns are established for database throttling and request rate limiting to protect Glide’s uptime
- Monitor infrastructure costs and coordinate improvements when necessary
- Drive SRE tooling and best practices around observability and alerting
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered through a collective sense of ownership and belonging
- Meet with team members 1-on-1 on a regular basis
- Ensure that team members learn, grow, and advance in their careers
- Create a shared understanding of decision making, direction, and progress for the team and the company
- Encourage an environment of technical excellence, and facilitate architectural discussions and decision making
- Provide technical project management support to the team, ensuring projects are scoped well for delivery, managed for risk, and delivered well
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and across team boundaries to deliver key parts of our roadmap
- 5+ years engineering management experience
- Experiencing building and maintaining highly available and scalable distributed systems
- Have previously managed or built an infrastructure, developer experience, data, API, or equivalent platform team
- Deep understanding of Accelerate concepts of Lead Time, Deployment Frequency, Mean Time to Recovery, Change Failure Rate and how they affect delivery
- You are a clear and effective communicator, be it when you write code, write emails, or explain complex technical issues to non-technical co-workers
- Passionate and self-motivated, with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Experience with data source platforms like Supabase, Airtable, Firestore, Sequin, Paragon
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform services like Cloud SQL, Cloud Run, AlloyDB, or equivalent
- Scaled an event-driven architecture using Apache Kafka, Cloud Pub/Sub, or other eventing system
- Have given conference talks around the OpenAPI spec, REST, or GraphQL API patterns
- Familiarity with telemetry and monitoring solutions like Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, Google Cloud Logging
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a supportive and dynamic remote work environment, and opportunities for career growth. If you are a self-starter with a passion for scaling platform services and the teams that support them, we want to hear from you!
Glide is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds to apply.