Glide is looking for engineers to help us accomplish our goal of creating the next billion software developers.
We know how messy & difficult software development is, and we have some ideas about a better way—a way that's simple but not simplistic, easy but not boring, and powerful but still fun. Come help us build it!
You'll spend your time
- Creating amazing new mobile, desktop, and tablet UI experiences
- Developing the Glide 'builder' environment where users create their apps
- Talking to and learning from customers
This job might be perfect for you if...
- You have at least four years of experience as a software engineer
- You can pick up a new programming language and framework in no time
- You are passionate about software quality and correctness
- You have a track record of success
- You have strong organizational skills and are a good communicator
- You have a love and respect for customer-centric, design-driven software development
Definitely mention if you have...
- Mobile/Desktop development experience (iOS, Android, Mac, Windows)
- Fluency with web stacks (Node, TypeScript, Firebase)
- You've built something quirky and fun that you're excited about
How we build Glide
Glide is implemented with TypeScript. We have a custom component system that implements a reactive computation model similar to spreadsheets, that currently has React bindings so that apps run in the browser and as PWAs on iOS and Android.
Our backend is built on Firebase and Firestore, although we plan to move to a custom backend someday to support unique computations required by our programming model.
We use GitHub for code collaboration, have integration tests in place, and use GitHub flow & CI to automate deployments from branches across staging and production environments.