Glide is looking for a Senior Billing Engineer to join our engineering team, acting as a strategic growth partner to our Sales, Marketing, Product, and Support teams. We are growing fast and are looking for someone who is passionate about creating thoughtful, clear, and engaging signup, payment, upgrade, and renewal experiences for customers as they grow with us.
The ideal candidate has experience with payment processing platforms like Stripe, Square, Braintree and has previously led cross-functional teams through integration or improvement projects with these platforms, bringing in their own ideas along the way for how to make billing processes more efficient, accurate, and scalable.
We’re building a simpler, faster way for anyone to build custom software for their business, without any technical or design skills. Tens of thousands of non-technical people use Glide to build apps to power their businesses, organizations, personal projects, and more. As customers create apps to visualize, interact with, take action on, and analyze their growing data sets, we must keep this big picture in mind as we improve various levels of our engineering stack.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Support, and Product to design, implement, and maintain billing systems that meet business requirements and are scalable for future growth
- Write, test, review and maintain billing service code primarily in TypeScript and integrated with Stripe
- Collaborate with the Operational Excellence engineering pod to improve the observability, testing, monitoring, and alerting practices in place for the billing service
- Durably own the code you write and services you build, joining our on call and support engineering rotations to troubleshoot and debug issues as they arise
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and emerging technologies, writing proposals and building prototypes to evaluate alternative approaches that could make the engineering team more effective or efficient
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- 5+ years as a software engineer working on distributed systems
- Experience with cloud-based billing systems such as Stripe, Square, Braintree
- Familiarity with telemetry and monitoring solutions like Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, Google Cloud Logging
- You are a clear and effective communicator, be it when you write code, write emails, or explain complex technical issues to non-technical co-workers
- Passionate and self-motivated, with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Experience with PCI Security Standards, Strong Customer Authentication (SCA), SOC2 Type 2, and RBAC guidelines
- Product management experience specific to implementing complex billing or payments workflows on a high volume transaction processing system
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a supportive and dynamic remote work environment, and opportunities for career growth. If you are a self-starter with a passion for billing systems, we want to hear from you!
Glide is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds to apply.