Glide is looking for a data engineer to help improve our data infrastructure and enhance our reporting, analytics, and automated workflows.
You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for sales, marketing, engineering, and growth. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing existing data systems and building them from the ground up.
You will support our software engineers and data analysts and will ensure the data architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Work with BigQuery, Firestore, Postgres, Stripe, Mixpanel, and Hubspot.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, engineering, and growth teams to build data pipelines.
- Build reports and tools to extract insights from the data.
This job might be perfect for you if have…
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of Python, R, and SQL
- Knowledge of the GCP data stack (DataProc, Dataflow, Data Studio, BigQuery)
- Extra points for Kafka, PubSub or Kinesis. Debezium and/or other streaming ETL.
- Knowledge of ETL tools like Airflow/AirByte/FiveTran.
- Degree in Statistics, CompSci, Math or IT a plus but not required
Definitely mention if you have...
- Any open source work you’d like to show off.
- Experience with Retool
- Experience with Typescript