Glide is looking for engineers to help us accomplish our mission to create the next billion software developers.
We know how messy & difficult software development is, and we have some ideas about a better way—a way that's simple but not simplistic, easy but not boring, and powerful but still fun. Come help us build it!
You'll spend your time
- Improving build and development tooling
- Wrangling webpack, typescript, and react into an amazing and fluid experience
- Documenting best practices and ideal environments for new developers
- Fixing performance issues with tooling, linters, and other related parts of the development toolchain
- Talking to and learning from other developers
This job might be perfect for you if...
- You have at least four years of experience as a software engineer
- You have designed large monorepo projects in the past
npm auditsays there are 2000 issues, you can’t help but fix them
- You have a track record of success
- You have strong organizational skills and are a good communicator
- You have a love and respect for customer-centric, design-driven software development
Definitely mention if you have...
- Fluency with web stacks (Webpack, Node, TypeScript, Babel)
- Contributed significantly to open source projects
- You've built something quirky and fun that you're excited about
How we build Glide
Glide is implemented with TypeScript. We have a custom component system that implements a reactive computation model similar to spreadsheets, that currently has React bindings so that apps run in the browser and as PWAs on iOS and Android.
Our backend is built on Firebase and Firestore, although we plan to move to a custom backend someday to support unique computations required by our programming model.
We use GitHub for code collaboration, have integration tests in place, and use GitHub flow & CI to automate deployments from branches across staging and production environments.